Monday, May 2, 2011

i just KNEW this would happen one day................

i'm not doing nothing anymore, so.......................


...........................................


..............................................................................



..................i broke a fingernail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(look how long the others are!!!!  and that shadow looks pretty good too!!!!)

my nails usually crack when they get any degree of length to them.  they grew very long (well, very long for ME!) doing nothing for 2 months, & none of them cracked until last week when i went back to work (they don't like working!!!)  i caught one of them in the crack between the rows of keys on the keyboard & it's cracked (middle finger, right hand).  yesterday i washed my car then went in the backyard to clean out the dead bluebonnet plants from the yard & flowerbeds.  picked the rest of the seed pods that hadn't already popped & cracked my thumbnail on the left hand while doing all this.  this morning i caught it in my hair when i was rolling it & tore it off!!!  i tried to save them by putting acrylic gel over the cracks, but it didn't work.............

(you can't really tell, but this is the middle one that is cracked because it got stuck in the keyboard of my computer!!!!    sorry this picture is blurry - it's hard to hold the camera in my left hand AND press the button with my left hand while taking a picture of my right hand!!!!)

but look at THIS picture:

i took it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  i sat the camera on the table; then i focused to the right of the tip of my left finger (the broken one....  ;o(   ....)   then i pushed the button with my right hand & QUICKLY put my right thumb next to the left one!!!!  i can't believe i managed to get it in the picture & it's fairly focused!!!!!  and this was on the FIRST try!!!!!!!  boy am i good!!!!!

someone told me when they break you should cut them all off to the same length so they're even.  well, it took me too long to get them to this length, so i'm just going to let them be & enjoy them until they eventually break off themselves!!!!  one thing's for sure, red polish is not as durable as the pink i 1st had on!!!  the red chips too easily.  the pink lasted for 2 weeks with no chipping!!!  i'll leave the red for a little while, then i think i'll go back to the pink - it's more "me" anyhow!!!!!

i ain't cuttin' these babies!!!!!


just a random thought:
can you see in this picture above.........my hands are so tanned & brown but my fingers are whiter!!!!!!!!!!!  it's more noticeable in person!!!!!



there are a few people that have birthdays this week - i just went through my box of cards & pulled out a few i already had stamped - i'm just not in the mood to stamp yet!!!!  maybe tomorrow.....................

have a blessed night & an even more blessed day!!!!  (it's soooooooooooooo windy out; the windchimes are ringing like crazy!!!  there's supposed to be a 40% chance of rain tonight, but so far, not a drop in sight!!   however the temp is about 57 right now!!!!!  crazy!!!!!)

No comments: