Monday, September 12, 2011

it's my blog's birthday!!!!!

i just realized that ONE YEAR AGO TODAY i started my blog!!!

it started out as a business blog for my stampin'up! business.

 - well, a lot has changed in a year!!!!  it's now more of a journal about my life.  a way to stay in touch with family & friends.  a way to share my faith in God with the world.

i closed down my stamping business.  i'm stamping for my own pleasure now.  i'm doing lots of other things too.  and i'm not doing lots of other things too!!

over the past year i've shared things i've made - cards, refinished furniture, decorating projects.  i've shared happy times, sad times.  i've been honest & transparent.  i've learned a lot - about things, people, & most importantly myself.  i've had some important things to say & i've said some dumb stuff.  i've hurt some people & i've been hurt.

but i've also grown.  i've grown in my spiritual life & hopefully i'm a better person than i was a year ago.

i know i'm in a state of more peace now.  and i also know that God has a LOT MORE WORK to do in me.

thanks for going on this journey with me.



at the beginning of 2011, i posted that this was going to be a good year.

well, despite the fact that i got sick & ended up in the hospital, and despite lots of other things not working out the way i wanted, it HAS been a good year. 

i'm content.  not always happy, but content. 
i keep trying to live as paul in philippians 4:11-13.  (go look it up!)

i also strive to live as paul talks about in colossians 3:12-17.  (& if we're really being honest here, i'd love to live verse 18 too!!!!!!  but that's up to God!!!!!!!!!!!)

but more importantly, i want to be more like Jesus. 

i keep trying.

i hope you'll keep reading.  

happy birthday, little blog!  thanks for sharing my joys, my sorrows, my life!

looking forward to another BLESSED year!!!!

No comments: