Tuesday, July 12, 2011

part 2

God is ahhhhhhh-mazing, part 2

last night i was so tired, spent too much time on the computer talking to someONE, then was really wanting to read (3 books about God.  couldn't decide which one to read so i was reading little bits of each.) 

decided on 1 & read til almost 2 am.  i told myself i needed to stop & get some sleep because i'd have to wake up in a few hours.  told God i really wanted to talk to Him, but hoped He'd understand that i was just soooo tired!  He must not have been too upset because as soon as i turned off the light, i was asleep!  in an instant!!

the 1st thought i had when i woke up was, "wow!  i don't even remember going to sleep!  it happened so fast!!! the light went out & i was asleep in an instant!  thank you God for allowing me to sleep & not lay there restlessly."

i went to work & what was my proverbs31woman devotional about today????

 sleep & rest!!!!!  how it's important & God feels it's important!  here's the prayer at the end of the devotional:

Dear Lord, thank You for rest. Thank You that I can rest while You continue to hold everything together. Help me rest well and worship You through rest. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.


so i thought, "it's so important to God that He caused me to fall asleep right away last night!!!"  

then i got to thinking about how i fell asleep the other night while praying, (or should i say wrestling with God.)  i truly feel God allowed me to fall asleep while praying because i just needed the rest from struggling with my problem that i was discussing with Him.

He knows what's best!  He knows what we need.

then a little later i thought of this:

before i "signed up" on those dating sites, i had read a devotional about how Jesus told the disciples to throw their net on the other side of the boat because they hadn't been successful catching any fish.  the author of the devotional said, "is there something you've been neglecting to do or afraid of trying?  throw your net on the other side of the boat & see what blessings God has for you."  i thought, well maybe the on-line dating thing is where i need to throw my net! 

i questioned God about it after being "unsuccessful"---today i realized the answer!  i threw the net out, tried it, concluded it wasn't for me.  i said to God "so why didn't You bless me with "fish" (a man)?

His answer was:  "I didn't say I would bless you with a man, I just said I would bless you."

to which i replied, "i get it now!!  yes, God, You sure have blessed me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

He knows what's best.  He knows what we need!!!

i am SO blessed!!


(i stamped with a friend from church tonight - well, we mostly talked!!!  but i'll take some pictures & post tomorrow!!!  it's been a long time since there was anything stamped posted here!!!!!)

have a blessed day!!!   i'm gonna!!!

No comments: