- you don't have to do a "name" - you can do a word like "merry christmas", "blessings", "welcome"
- decide on what name/word you want to do & choose your background paper & frame. the frames i usually always do are the 8x20" from michaels. you can do whatever size you want, simple or fancy.
- bring your own paper for the background mat, decorations, etc. but i will have paper for sale if you need something. prices will be the by the piece cost of the SU price in the current catalog.
- you can bring your own letters or you can die-cut letters with my bigshot. (see the pics below to see what they look like) bring cereal/cracker boxes to use to cut the letters out of. i usually glue 3 letters together & cover with another letter cut out of cardstock or scrapbook paper. you can also ink up the letters or emboss them.
- bring whatever embellishments you want to use. that would be paper for matting or tags, brads, jewels, ribbons, etc. i'll have my bigshot available so you can die cut things (you can use any of my dies - with your paper) but if you have a bigshot or cuttlebug, you might want to bring it because there might be a "line" to use just one!
- bring your own ADHESIVE -- a GOOD one!!! you want this to stay stuck!!!! i usually use a SU! glue stick or tombow multi (the white liquid glue not the tape runner) or crystal effects.
- you can use any of my inks but bring your own stamps if you want to stamp words or verses or images on your project.
- you may or may not get your frame completely done - that's ok! you can finish it at home!!
- if you need a frame, i have a few walnut colored ones. they are $9.00 each.
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
november stamp camp - name frames
some guidelines for the november 7th stamp camp - "name frames"