Sunday, May 12, 2013

missing my mom this mother's day


i lost my mom 13 1/2 years ago. you never really get over losing someone you love.
my mother in law adopted me 27 years ago. the nicest thing she ever said to me was when my mom died, "i'll be your mom now." i told her, "you've already been my mom for a long long time!"

she's in the hospital now, has been for the past month. (that's why i haven't been posting very much.) we almost lost her a couple times, but the Lord has seen fit to let us have her a little while longer. i got to spend an hour with her today. telling her how beautiful she is & how i love to see her smile. made me really sad for my own mom.

but today's not a day to be all sad & weepy! God gave us all mothers -- & i was blessed enough to have two!!!

this is one of my most prized possessions -- it's me when i was 2 (on the left), my mom when she was 2 (in the middle), & my daughter when she was 2 (on the right)!!!



happy mother's day!!!!!

No comments: